2. Self-Study Training Modules
- Training Module One: OpenLandContracts.org: Introduction and Key Features
- Training Module Two: Analyzing Land Contracts using OpenLandContracts.org
- Training Module Three: Understanding Land Contracts and Land Investments
- Training Module Four: Land Contract Transparency: Benefits and Limits
Suggestions for additional tutorial videos are welcome, and should be emailed to email@example.com.
Large-scale investments in agriculture and forestry are often shrouded in secrecy. In many cases, they are negotiated without the involvement of affected communities, approved through opaque decision-making procedures, and governed by legal agreements that are difficult both to access and to understand. This systemic lack of transparency impedes accountability and exacerbates ongoing disagreements about the real costs and benefits for investors, host countries, and their citizens. Jointly authored by CCSI and the Open Contracting Partnership, this briefing note examines why contract disclosure and a contracting process that is open, accessible, and inclusive are important; what such transparency entails; and how various stakeholders can work towards achieving it.